As of Season 3, my relationship with Community’s fans is the longest relationship I’ve ever had. It’s also the most successful, unless you go by ratings or awards.
I think the fans and I work well together because we began our relationship with TV instead of sex, so it always feels like the spark is still there. Also, we can never take each other for granted, because neither of us ever really knows if the other will be there next week.
We cherish every second we have together, which is easy for me, because our fans are the smartest, sweetest, most creative people in the world. They are the people who, in spite of their intelligence, believe, deep down, that humanity doesn’t give itself enough credit.
It was a terrible business decision to write a show for the “smart and nice” demographic. I may as well have written for three-legged unicorns. But this show stopped being about business the moment I saw my first Community fan video on YouTube.
And it wasn’t about business when the fans voted for us to be on the cover of TV Guide Magazine. They’ve been with our show for triumphs and they’ve been there when NBC asked us to cast Hilary Duff, and they’ve decided that the benefits are worth the risks.
That’s love. It’s definitely mutual. Our fans give my life an order and a value that it has never had before, and will never have again.
My therapist will be excited to see this article. I think she knows she can buy that house now.
- adreamsofspring reblogged this from towerandbishop
- singingmyheartsong reblogged this from clara-watchmerun
- icypiece reblogged this from communitythings
- allmyotherreblogs reblogged this from herohiddleston
- constablerachel reblogged this from anniehotlipsarchive
- new-kitten-on-the-block likes this
- the-invisible-green-giant reblogged this from theonewiththeshippinggoogles
- the-invisible-green-giant likes this
- sunnythefangirl reblogged this from theonewiththeshippinggoogles
- theonewiththeshippinggoogles reblogged this from shaunofthebread
- theonewiththeshippinggoogles likes this
- modestblouse likes this
- two-by-two-hands-of-blue reblogged this from korzolek
- two-by-two-hands-of-blue likes this
- korzolek reblogged this from anniehotlipsarchive
- shaunofthebread reblogged this from bottled-oceans
- shaunofthebread likes this
- bottled-oceans reblogged this from anniehotlipsarchive
- ladynitram reblogged this from merlinsbearditsthedoctor
- red-greenblue likes this
- nonveganzombie likes this
- merlinsbearditsthedoctor reblogged this from anniehotlipsarchive
- annabethers reblogged this from anniehotlipsarchive
- internetmeth reblogged this from anniehotlipsarchive
- paradigms-of-a-time-lord-memory likes this
- anniehotlipsarchive reblogged this from communitythings
- escimon reblogged this from myshowisbetterthanyourshow
- myshowisbetterthanyourshow reblogged this from gravediggersbiscuits
- lacanti likes this
- garyonmywaywardsnail likes this
- worldwarlove likes this
- no1else-but-me reblogged this from thelitttledove
- thelitttledove reblogged this from milenajesenskas
- becauseafire reblogged this from k-t-v
- kil0joules likes this
- courtnog reblogged this from thebookofkells
- thebookofkells reblogged this from doppledeanerarchive
- doppledeanerarchive reblogged this from feyminism
- jungleplanets1 reblogged this from popculture-y
- sarah-dipitous reblogged this from caterinasforzas
- brittasperry reblogged this from sunyeon
- lilaviolet likes this
- thegreatpeanutshellingcaper reblogged this from feyminism
- basic-rocket-science reblogged this from feyminism
- gottagetalife reblogged this from caterinasforzas
- kelarks likes this
- optaisamme reblogged this from milenajesenskas
- optaisamme likes this
- andthebluestblue likes this
- milenajesenskas reblogged this from caterinasforzas